This guide has two panels. The left panel contains instructions, and the right panel is where you can practice searching while following the instructions.
- Click on the arrows at the bottom of the left panel to move back and forth in the instructions.
- Use the browser's back button to go back in the right panel.
-- Bring your mouse over the row of lines towards the top right of this panel to quickly access the contents and individual sections of the instructions.
Now click on the right-hand arrow at the bottom of this panel to continue with a guided search.
If you're off-campus, you'll need to log on with your PSU credentials at this point.
If you have trouble logging in:- Contact the PSU Library Reference Desk- Contact OIT Help Desk at 503-725-HELP or email@example.com.
Enter your company name in the search box and click "View Results."
In your search results, you may find lots of companies with similar names. Look for the search result that corresponds to information you already know about the company, such as the CEO's name or the headquarter city.
If you're having trouble finding the parent company entry for your company, try to make your search as complete as possible (ex: apple inc., southwest airlines co.).
Click on the link for your company.
ReferenceUSA profiles are all on one page. Use the quicklinks on the left or scroll to see the different sections. Some highlights:
- Corporate Tree shows you U.S. branches, subsidiaries, and other holdings.
- Business Demographics provides data not always available in other profiles, such as number of employees or square footage of the headquarters location.
- Business Expenditures breaks out information on company expenses in a number of categories.
- Competitors Report links out to profiles for other major companies in the industry.
If you need more help using ReferenceUSA, please Ask a Librarian.